Once in a while we get a computer in that would not turn on anymore. It turned out that windows did not wake up anymore from hibernation or sleep mode. That is why we recommend to disable hibernation and even sleep-mode. Sleep Mode is maybe convenient to get a computer started a bit faster when not using it for a while, but that entails risks. We recommend to get a solid state hard drive for your computer, this way the normal computer boot will be so much faster you will not consider sleep mode anymore.
Let us show you how to turn off hibernation and sleep mode in windows 10:
- Let’s make sure the computer is started and showing the desktop
- Right-click on the start-button
- A menu comes up – left click on “Power options”
- Change “Put the computer to sleep” to never
- Click “Save Changes”
To turn off hibernation do the following:
- Right clicking on the start menu
- Click on “Command Prompt (Admin)”
- Type in “powercfg.exe /h off” without the quotes and press enter
- Type “exit” without the quotes and press enter
Contact us if you have and questions/problems!