Dok Cares for ALL your computer needs
Residential and Business
All work brought to Dok’s Office is serviced on-site.
Dok also makes house calls!
Dok’s team performs a thorough inspection of the hardware and software you checked in, including:
- Hard drive status
- System health
- Internal dust out
- Scan for virus/malware/adware infections
- Troubleshooting reported problem(s)
The diagnostic process can take from 3-5 business days. Once complete, we will contact you right away:
- With Dok’s Rx, options, and estimated cost
- To get your decision/approval of proposed services
* Does not apply if you decline services or opt for data retrieval only
Most frequent replacement/repairs:
- Power jacks
- Hard drives
- Video cards
- Power supplies
- Touch pads
- Capacitors on motherboards
Upgrade to a Solid State Hard Drive – much faster and better for data!
If you use the internet a lot, it is pretty much impossible to keep a system completely free of infections. Viruses are programmed aggressively. They are often tricky, powerful and manage to bypass even the best virus protection software. Some viruses sneak in behind the scenes, recording and sending your keystrokes somewhere into the dark web. Other viruses can encrypt your data files and then pop up with a message asking you to pay money to get your data back (so-called ransomware). Clients usually bring us the unit when it starts behaving weird, unusually slow, or has annoying pop up messages.
Dok’s typical virus removal process includes:
- Remote work on your hard drive with two different programs to ID and remove viruses, Trojans, adware, scareware, and other cyber threats.
- Local tune-up with special tools to sweep over your system and make sure everything is cleaned up.
We also make sure you have valid and up-to-date antivirus software.
Dok recommends an annual diagnostic and cleanup for your computer.
Dok Klaus is known as the local go-to-service for data recovery.
Data recovery is needed when the computer is not booting up fully and blocking access to data files. This can happen when:
- Your hard drive or equipment is failing
- The Windows update has errors
- Data was accidentally erased
- Your computer was dropped
We transfer the recovered data to one of the following mediums (provided by you or purchased from us):
- USB stick/flash drive
- External hard drive
- Cloud storage
- New computer
Over the years, Dok’s team has acquired extensive knowledge and great tools to perform data recovery. In the rare case that the hard drive is totally inaccessible, we can send it for you to DriveSavers, a specialized data recovery center with a clean room environment. (Mention our code DS24842 to get $100 off the recovery service, if you contact them yourself.)
Dok believes in backing up data on a regular basis, and offers expert assistance. You can purchase backup software and media for installation and setup.
Want to have data transferred from on older device?
We can transfer the recovered data to one of the following mediums (provided by you or purchased from us):
- New computer (either provided by client or purchased from us)
- External hard drive
- USB stick/flash drive
- Cloud storage
Dok highly recommends making at least 2 backups of important data.
Software & Windows Updates
To stay healthy, a computer needs regular software updates. Windows updates can be tricky and tax your internet download limits; Dok is glad to take care of these for you. We can update your favorite programs to keep them compatible with your operating system. Please contact us if you need a special program, want to keep using an old program, or need to have software transferred to another computer. Contact us to discuss options.
Most brand-new computers require:
- Windows updates
- Removal of unwanted trial versions of software or games
- Installation and charging of battery pack (laptops)
- Initial Windows setup
- Installation of favorite programs such as Adobe Reader or Chrome
- Installation of preferred Antivirus software
- Installation of Office products, Quickbooks, etc. (as needed)
- Data and program transfers (as needed)
We provide general Apple device support and repairs for hardware no longer under warranty, including:
- Setup of new unit
- Data transfer from old to new Apple system
- Reinstallation/upgrade of operating system
- Virus removal
- Resolving software problems
- Analysis of hardware issues
- Upgrading RAM and hard drives on out-of-warranty systems
- Individual lessons on computer and OS X usages including some popular software products
- Operating system upgrades
Note: We are not a certified Apple repair center or in anyway connected to Apple Inc. We do not service iPhones or iPad hardware.
Dok Klaus can sit with you in a 1-on-1 session and explain things in a straightforward, easy to remember manner. No tech skills required!
We offer classes in 30-minute and 60-minute blocks. You can:
- Call our office at (540) 428-2376
- Click here for a 30-minute class
- Click here for a 60-minute class, and selecting a time slot on our calendar.
Please note: Dok highly recommends that you bring a prepared list of questions and topics. We do not currently offer MAC classes.
In some cases it might be faster and more cost effective for you to let us address your computer problem via a remote session.
Please contact us to discuss the problem first.
If your problem can be addressed remotely, we set up a time and date for the session.
If your system is still in our remote database (since you decided to leave it installed after the last remote service) please pay the $45 minimum remote service fee here.
If not, an Initial Unattended Remote Setup (called IURS from here on) is needed.
The IURS fee is $20. Here is a description of this procedure.
Note: If you feel comfortable doing the IURS yourself the $20 will be waived.
Click here to pay your minimum remote service fee of $45 + $20 (Dok performs the IURS).
How does a remote session work?
At the scheduled time, Dok will call you to start the remote session, either by doing the IURS or jumping right into the diagnosis and problem solving.
Once Dok is logged into your computer, you will see what Dok is doing on your system. As needed, Dok will stay in touch via phone. Please close all programs that are not relevant to your problem. Your privacy is important to us. After the remote service is done, Dok will contact you with the results.
To save time and money in future remote sessions, Dok recommends leaving the IURS on the system.
Dok understands that sometimes a client needs a service done ASAP!
An extra $150 fee will be charged at drop-off or here if we accept an emergency case. There’s an additional surcharge for weekend emergency service.
An emergency service job is our top priority, but the following issues can delay the process:
- Can’t reach you for necessary questions or feedback
- Missing information/details such as usernames and passwords
- Parts that need to be ordered
Yes, the Dok makes house calls for home and businesses. Call the office at (540) 428 2376 for availability.
- Attempt to finish within 24 hours
- Needs to be done over the weekend
- Holiday service
Same day service is possible for an emergency fee. Dok recommends contacting the office first to discuss the issue and options (remote support might be faster).
Note: For repair of a computer unit, Dok prefers to get the computer to the shop to perform an internal system backup to secure your data. If you prefer to have Dok do the repair at your house, and don’t have a current back-up, there is risk of data loss. Dok offers making a full back-up on-site, but this will result in a longer house call.
During business hours you can:
- Call us at (540) 428-2376
- Drop by at 335 Waterloo St, Warrenton
- Send us a Facebook message
- Chat online by clicking on the icon in the lower, right-hand corner
- Email us at solutions@DokKlaus.com
- Set up an appointment for a
Outside business hours – Please leave a detailed message with your contact information, and we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible during business hours.
Parts, software, and service are subject to Manufacturer’s Warranty and 7-day DKCC service policy only. No warranty on refurbished parts. Returned parts are subject to a restocking fee of 20%.
We recommend a comprehensive, yearly tune-up for your computer, to keep it running at top performance.
Dok’s PC Tune-up includes:
- Visual inspection of hardware
- Hard drive check
- Remote check for viruses/spyware/cyber threats
- Dustout with compressed air, when needed
- Windows logfiles check
- removal of temporary files
- Antivirus status
- Operation speed check
- Recommendations for optimal performance
Custom Computer Design
Need more than the usual PC or laptop options on sale? We can design a custom system to fit your needs, whether you want a gaming, engineering, or super-quiet system. Provide your own parts or have us find and specially order the perfect parts for your custom computer.
New Computer Purchase
Shopping for a new computer? Dok and his team provide complimentary, in-person and email consultations to help you find the right system for your needs. We offer:
- Select computers in stock
- Special orders (overnight delivery possible)
- Refurbished units
- Custom setups
Computers and Parts
We offer selected products for sale on our website, including:
- Assortment of computers in stock
- Refurbished computers
- Exotic or out-of-date parts
- Hard to find parts
Contact us if you have questions.
We are your IT partner for figuring out ways to lower costs and improve your productivity. Single point of contact for all hardware and software assistance.
For over 16 years, we have been a leader in helping small and medium-sized businesses to design, protect, and maintain their IT systems. We are always looking for new tools to assist you in a cost-effective manner. Services include:
- System setups
- Internet connectivity
- Security and passwords
- Backup options
- Email options
- Office products
- Financial software
- Photo data management
Dok Klaus Computer Care checks Microsoft based systems to make sure the Antivirus program is up-to-date. Using multiple Antivirus programs is bad. Dok favors Symantec/Norton Antivirus software and as well as Avast (which lately bought AVG).
Services Dok offers on an as needed basis:
- Digitizing old photos, documents, and slides
- Data consolidation and organization
- USB stick repair
- Erase data or hard drive wipe
- Hardware recycling