Dok Cares for ALL your computer needs
Residential and Business
All work brought to Dok’s Office is serviced on-site.
Dok also makes house calls!
Dok’s team performs a thorough inspection of the hardware and software you checked in, including:
- Hard drive status
- System health
- Internal dust out
- Scan for virus/malware/adware infections
- Troubleshooting reported problem(s)
The diagnostic process can take from 3-5 business days. Once complete, we will contact you right away:
- With Dok’s Rx, options, and estimated cost
- To get your decision/approval of proposed services
* Does not apply if you decline services or opt for data retrieval only
Laptops, Desktops, All-in-Ones.
Most frequent replacement/repairs:
- Hard Drives
- Power jacks
- Power supplies
- Video cards
- Note: no hardware repairs on Cellphones, iPads, Microsoft Surface units, or Tablets
Upgrade to a Solid State Hard Drive – much faster and better for data!
If you use the internet a lot, it is pretty much impossible to keep a system completely free of infections. Viruses are programmed aggressively. They are often tricky, powerful and manage to bypass even the best virus protection software. Some viruses sneak in behind the scenes, recording and sending your keystrokes somewhere into the dark web. Other viruses can encrypt your data files and then pop up with a message asking you to pay money to get your data back (so-called ransomware). Clients usually bring us the unit when it starts behaving weird, unusually slow, or has annoying pop up messages.
Dok’s typical virus removal process includes:
- Remote work on your hard drive with two different programs to ID and remove viruses, Trojans, adware, scareware, and other cyber threats.
- Local tune-up with special tools to sweep over your system and make sure everything is cleaned up.
We also make sure you have valid and up-to-date antivirus software.
Dok recommends an annual diagnostic and cleanup for your computer.
Dok Klaus is known as the local go-to-service for data recovery.
Data recovery is needed when the computer is not booting up fully and blocking access todata files. This can happen when:
- Your hard drive or equipment is failing
- The Windows update has errors
- Data was accidentally erased
- Your computer was dropped
We transfer the recovered data to one of the following mediums (provided by you or purchased from us):
- USB stick/flash drive
- External hard drive
- Cloud storage
- New computer
Over the years, Dok’s team has acquired extensive knowledge and great tools to perform data recovery. In the rare case that the hard drive is totally inaccessible, we can send it for you to DriveSavers, a specialized data recovery center with a clean room environment. (Mention our code DS24842 to get $100 off the recovery service, if you contact them yourself.)
Dok believes in backing up data on a regular basis, and offers expert assistance. You can purchase backup software and media for installation and setup.
Want to have data transferred from on older device?
We can transfer the recovered data to one of the following mediums (provided by you or purchased from us):
- New computer (either provided by client or purchased from us)
- External hard drive
- USB stick/flash drive
- Cloud storage
Dok highly recommends making at least 2 backups of important data.
Software & Windows Updates
To stay healthy, a computer needs regular software updates. Windows updates can be tricky and tax your internet download limits; Dok is glad to take care of these for you. We can update your favorite programs to keep them compatible with your operating system. Please contact us if you need a special program, want to keep using an old program, or need to have software transferred to another computer. Contact us to discuss options.
Whether purchased from us or somewhere else, Dok can set it up for you!
Most brand-new computers require:
- Initial Windows setup and updates
- Installation and charging of battery (laptops)
- Installation of preferred Antivirus software
- Removal of unwanted trial versions of software or games
- Data and program transfers
We provide general Apple device support and limited repairs for hardware no longer under warranty, including:
- Analysis of hardware status and issues, including iPads and iPhones
- Bypass of failing internal iMac HD with Thunderbolt solution
- Data recovery
- Data transfer to new Apple system
- External backups and Time Machine setups
- Reinstallation/upgrade of operating system
- Resolving software problems
- Setup of new unit
- Virus removal
Note: We are not a certified Apple repair center or in anyway connected to Apple Inc. We do not service iPhones or iPad hardware.
Want to get the most out of your computer? Having trouble with your setup? Annoyed with some personal computer tasks?
Dok Klaus can sit with you in a 1-on-1 session and explain things in a straightforward, easy to remember manner. No tech skills required!
We generally offer classes in 20-minute and 60-minute blocks. You can:
- Call our office at (540) 428-2376 or email us at email@example.com
- 20 minute classes can be scheduled during the day
- 60 minute classes are scheduled according to availability at 5 PM.
Please note: Dok highly recommends that you bring a prepared list of questions and topics.
In some cases it might be faster and more cost effective for you to let us address your computer problem via a remote session.
Please contact us to discuss the problem first.
If your problem can be addressed remotely, we set up a time and date for the session.
Click here to pay your minimum remote service fee of $90.
How does a remote session work?
At the scheduled time, Dok will call you to start the remote session, either by doing the IURS or jumping right into the diagnosis and problem solving.
Once Dok is logged into your computer, you will see what Dok is doing on your system. As needed, Dok will stay in touch via phone. Please close all programs that are not relevant to your problem. Your privacy is important to us. After the remote service is done, Dok will contact you with the results.
To save time and money in future remote sessions, Dok recommends leaving the IURS on the system.
Dok understands that sometimes a client needs a service done ASAP!
An extra $150 fee will be charged at drop-off or if we accept an emergency case. There’s an additional surcharge for weekend emergency service.
An emergency service job is our top priority, but the following issues can delay the process:
- Can’t reach you for necessary questions or feedback
- Missing information/details such as usernames and passwords
- Parts that need to be ordered
Yes, the Dok makes house calls for home and businesses. Call the office at (540) 428 2376 for availability.
Same day service is possible for an emergency fee. Dok recommends contacting the office first to discuss the issue and options (remote support might be faster).
Note: For repair of a computer unit, Dok prefers to get the computer to the shop to perform an internal system backup to secure your data. If you prefer to have Dok do the repair at your house, and don’t have a current back-up, there is risk of data loss. Dok offers making a full back-up on-site, but this will result in a longer house call.
During business hours you can:
- Call us at 540-428-2376 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment for a
- Unit drop-off
- 30 minute class
- 60 minute class
Outside business hours – Please leave a detailed message with your contact information, and we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible during business hours.
Dok warrants its service for 7 days after pickup. Parts and software are subject to Manufacturer’s Warranty and 7 day DKCC service policy only. Parts returned during this period are subject to a restocking fee of 20%.
We recommend a comprehensive, yearly tune-up for your computer, to keep it running at top performance.
Dok’s PC Tune-up includes:
- Antivirus status check
- Dustout with compressed air, as needed
- Hard drive fitness check
- Operation speed check
- Recommendations for optimal performance
- Remote check for viruses/spyware/cyber threats
- Removal of Temporary files
- Visual inspection of hardware
- Windows log files check
New Computer Purchase
Shopping for a new computer? Dok and his team provide in-person and email consultations to help you find the right system for your needs.
- Custom setups
- Refurbished units
- Select computers in stock
- Special orders
Custom Computer Design
Need more than the usual PC or laptop options on sale? We can design a custom system to fit your needs, whether you want a gaming, engineering, or super-quiet system. Provide your own parts or have us find and specially order the perfect parts for your custom computer.
We are your IT partner for figuring out ways to lower costs and improve your productivity. Single point of contact for all hardware and software assistance.
In our area, we are recognized as a leader in helping small and medium-sized businesses to design, protect, and maintain their IT systems in a cost-effective manner.
- Backup options
- Data management
- Email options
- Financial software installation
- Internet connectivity
- Office products
- Security and passwords
- System setups
Dok Klaus Computer Care checks Microsoft based systems to make sure the Antivirus program is up-to-date. Using multiple Antivirus programs is bad for the system. Dok favors BitDefender cybersecurity software.
Services Dok offers on an as needed basis:
- Data consolidation and organization
- Digitizing old photos, documents, and slides
- Erase data or hard drive wipe
- Hardware recycling
- USB stick repair